From:
Kris Kriskius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 23:29:38 EDT
The Iowa ferret.  Not long ago Jessie was on death row, some family
figured it was too costly to seek medical attention, so she was going
to be PTS.  I met the family in Iowa, where they turned her over to me.
She is the sweetest little one, full of thankful kisses.

Due to the fact that I am not equipped to take any more ferrets in, I was
able to find her a loving home, where her medical needs will be met.  At
this time I am thinking she is adrenal, and my guess would be that she is
an older lady, maybe 5.  I am going to keep in close contact with the man
that took her in, I even plan on going there often to visit her, and
follow up on her health, which I am praying she will do good.

I must admit I had prepared myself for the worse, so as far as I am
concerned she looks better than what I had expected, although she is
definitely needing medical attention.  Her appointment will be made
today, to see exactly what she is needing.  Her vulva is swollen and is
about the size of a small grape.

It was extremely hot here today, so when I was taking the pictures she
was lazy, but after we got her settled in her new home, she became much
perkier, she really is a sweet girl.

If anyone is interested in donating towards her cause, which right now, I
am sure would be very much appreciated.  You can send a donation to:

"Jessie the Iowa ferret"
Rockbrook Animal Clinic
102nd & Center Street
Omaha, NE
68144
C/O Dr. Ramm

If you would rather make a paypal donation, please contact me.

Thank you! and please be prepared the pictures may be shocking to some....

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Aug/20038174986267817836528.jpg
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Aug/20038171007613011150527.jpg
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Aug/20038174687761027390935.jpg

 Kris and the Fur Kids