From:
David Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 1997 14:09:51 -0700
                  Chapter 2: Bomb's Away!

  "Well," Rosie said.  "Do I need to say it?"
  "Say what?" Maxie answered.
  "Move out!!!" Rosie screamed and ran down the stairs to wait by the front
door. "Help me open this door!"
  "Okay!" The five other ferrets agreed in unison and followed her, climbed
on top of each other's shoulders, and turned the doorknob, opening the front
door.  They all raced outside and slammed the door behind them.
  "Wait!"  Otter exclaimed from upstairs where they had left him.  "I forgot
to warn you about the evil gnomes that came out of the crinkle sack as=
 well!"

  "So," Cleo asked, looking around at all of the collosal airplanes,
helicopters, and various human flying machines that were all around them at
the airport. "What do we do now?"
  "We sneak aboard a plane!" Rosie replied.
  "Oh," Sammi declared.  "Like when we helped Santa Claus?"
  "Yeah!" Shiva stated.  "That was a lot of fun!"
  "We had better get on a military airplane though." Maxie replied.
  "Why?" Tony called from the land of the invisible.
  "Because on television they always parachute out of military planes!"
Maxie answered.
  "Yeah," Rosie answered.  "Good thinking Mass-Mass!"
  "You're welcome!" Maxie replied, smiling.
  "Let's go!" Rosie commanded.  So, they snuck aboard a large, green-colored
jetplane that had various designs on the outside that looked like American
flags and codes and important stuff so the ferrets knew that this must be an
army aircraft!  Once aboard, they hid behind some crates so that the human
travellers wouldn't see them and try to shoo them off the plane.
  "Now what?" Shiva whispered.
  "We wait until they fly over the forest!" Rosie answered.  "Then we take
one of those parachutes on the wall there and jump!"
  "You are absolutely crazy, Rosie!" Cleo declared.
  "Thank you for the complement!" Rosie replied.  "Tony, since you are
invisible, go up to the cockpit and look down to the ground so that you can
find out when we are over the forest!"
  "Okay," Tony agreed as the plane shook to and fro and the ferrets knew that
it was time for takeoff!
  "I'm scared," Maxie said.  "I want my mommy and daddy."
  "This is no time to chicken out on us Mass!" Rosie stated.  "Look, even
Sammi isn't afraid!"
  "I don't get so scared no more at all!" Sammi chimed in.
  "I'm still gonna close my eyes till this is all over," Maxie said.
  "You'll miss all the fun!" Rosie exclaimed.  Up in the cockpit, Tony had
climbed up onto the control console, and was listening to the two human
pilots talk to each other as they flew high above the ground.  He was very
thirsty, so he decided to take a drink from the cup of soda-pop sitting on
top of the console.
  "Hey," One of the pilots said to the other, eyeing the empty glass that
remained after Tony was finished drinking. "Thanks a lot for drinking my
soda!"
  "I didn't drink anything!"  The other pilot replied.
  "Next time why don't you get your own drink!" The first pilot remarked.
  "Fine," The second pilot answered.  "But I never drank yours to begin
with!"
  "Whatever" The first pilot said.  Tony chuckled to himself from atop the
control panel at this situation.
  "Did you hear that?" The second pilot asked.
  "What?" The first pilot said.
  "I thought I heard laughing or something!" The second pilot stated.
  "First you think I drank all of your soda and now you are hearing voices!"
The first pilot declared. "When we get back to the base we need to have you
checked out!"
  "No," The second pilot replied.  "I swear I heard something!"
  "Okay," The first pilot stated.  "Settle down now.  Maybe you need to go in
the back and rest for a while"

                      (to be continued...)