From:
"LOG MR. MICHAEL HACKWORTH" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 1995 11:57:00 EST
I'm glad to hear someone else tell of their ferrets "acting" like they are
useing the bathroom.  We always (or tried to) make sure our two went to the
bathroom before being let out.  We'd first put them in the litter box after
waking up and once they'd done their deed, they were allowed out.  Well
after a couple months, we noticed our male (Spyke) not actually going to
the bathroom but just "assuming the position" as someone else posted.  As
yet another person said..."Sheesh, they sure are smart", heh.

Since joining the list I have had an urge to get more ferrets to go along
with the two we already have.  But living in an apartment with several
other animals makes that hard.  Hopefully soon I'll be moving to a
townhouse or a home and can get one or two more!

I've also been letting the little fuzzies (the other is a female named
Belle) out more often.  Well the other day they had been out longer than
usual, so I went to the ferret room and found them curled up together in
the drawer of my small nightstand.  Now this drawer was closed andabout 3
feet off the floor, I was amazed that not only one but both of them made it
in there, heh.  OH yea, one reason we have a "ferret room" is because we
also have 3 cats and two dogs.  And since joining the list I've tried to
"ferretize" the other animals.  Our small chihuhua seemed to just stand
there frozen and let the two sniff his feet, but didn't try to harm them.
Our other dog is much bigger ( a medium sized dog) that likes to box with
her paws, well she started batting at the ferrets in a playful way, but in
a force that would I'm sure hurt the little ones as she usually aimed for
the head!  Well our cats just seem to want to chase them around the room so
for the most part we leave them apart while they are out.

Thanks to all for the wonderful stories of their fuzzies, I've found a
renewed love for the animals since these two were our first pets almost
two years ago.  And I feel for all the ones who have crossed the bridge,
it's sad just reading about it, I can imagine what it's like and am
not looking forward to that day which is hopefully way off.

 Mike H.