From:
Pat Stauffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 12:18:02 -0500
Hi All:
Well I have just gotten two very disturbing pieces of news.  The first was
a phone call from Pat Musick.  I have been wondering up until now why I had
not heard from Scarlett who was one of the breeders who sold the kits to
Lynn Cole at the LOS PA show one year ago.  This was despite warnings from
all of the local ferret people here.  It was one of these ferrets, Wheatie
that died at Warm Fuzzy of ADV.  It seems as though Scarlett has sent Pat
a very scathing email calling us a lynch mob with me the evil villian as
usual and saying that perhaps if we treated Lynn Cole like a human being
and tried to help her instead of hanging her we may do more good.  That has
been done to death in this area and obviously to no avail.  She has also
stated that legally these ferrets belong to Lynn Cole and that we have no
right taking them from her.  She has said that she only uses her work phone
number because that is where she is all the time.  She goes on to say how
if the episode at the Warm Fuzzy show had not happened there would be ADV
positive ferrets at shows and no one would know the difference.  She has
not emailed me personally, but I am going to email her.  Not only hasn't
she owned up to any of the responsibility of this, but she has made no
offers to help either.  She lives far enough away I guess where it won't
affect her.  We think but are not sure that some of these ferrets are
Wheatie's kits.

The second is that Faith has had to back out on her kind offer.  She is
going on the advice of Dr. Weiss who's opinion I value highly.  I just wish
we knew more about ADV or that there was a way to find out.  This whole
thing is just so tragic.  I do not know what else I can do at this point.
Again I am open to suggestions.  Thanks again for all of your help.

Pat Stauffer
Weasels
http://pages.prodigy.net/staufferp/