From:
Tracy Jose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 11:28:21 -0600
>From:    Jennifer Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Nasty Responses about Young Fuzzies Listed
>
>...People were fighting over Taylor because she was young and healthy, I
>posted more than a month ago about 2 senior ferrets (4 and 7) needing to
>be placed quickly.  Not one single person stood up and said, boy I would
>love to take them in!  Why???  Because they are old, because they don't
>have much time left, they might be a financial burden???  Why don't they
>deserve to be fought over also??

I have recently rescued a 4 1/2 year old sweetheart named Leah.  She is
older and a little bonier but the most adorable, kissy ferret!  I have had
kits and older ferrets and ferrets that were extreme biters, etc.  From
now on when I get a ferret, it will be one that needs that special extra
attention, whether it be an older fert, sick one or even a younger one
that never new love and life as it should be.  Yes, there will always be
financial issues that may come along for the older or sick ones, but as
long as I can give them the quality of life and love they deserve I am more
than happy to do it.  Some people cannot afford to do this and that's okay.
But for me, life on this earth is too short for these special fuzzies and
each and every one is so special in their own way....they all deserve the
unconditional love just as much as they give us that is why I choose to
adopt the older and sick ferts and the younger ones who have been abused or
neglected.  But there are others too that adopt older, sick, biters, etc.

On another note...my Tango just got his blood sugar reading back....the
vet said he has hypoglycemia and is now checking for insulinoma. :-(  He
is only a year & a half old and has been showing signs.

Happy Dooks to everyone!
Tracy J.
Tango, Chico, Roo, Pepe', Spunky & Leah