From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 2009 22:59:43 -0400
Dear Sandi,

Today was yard work day for me and my brother Tisha. He's decided that
as much as he loved having a place of his own, he really missed being
part of a pile, so I asked him to come and move right on in with me. I
have this nice little Hobbit hole of a place and I have plenty of room
for any fuzzit that wants to come and visit. So here we were, out
mowing the lawn, and weeding and both getting pretty green - it's hard
not to turn green when both of us have white fur. I was bagging up a
bag of weeds when Hobbes came up to me with not one but two scrolls for
me. Made me feel very special seeing that the requests had come from
you, I remember greeting both Athena, Sugar Babe and Bucky and felt it
a great honor to be able to greet Ophelia and Lil Bit.

I stopped what I was doing, and asked Tisha to come along me. So we
both got ourselves cleaned up and off we went in search of a whole
business of fuzzits to help with these two greetings. First we stopped
at the "Comfy Place' where there are all manners of couches and chairs
and comfortable places for fuzzits to crawl on and into to nap an hour
or 18 or so <grin>, there we found Zeus, Merlin, Spanky Rose and Louie
Ville Slugger. After we made certain they were all awake and ready to
go, we next went to the Sunflower Field, it's one of my favorite places
to go and hide my favorite stash and sure enough we found a few more
familiar faces there, we found Rosie and Rascal, Madaline and Noodles.
And last, but not least, we stopped by the Viewing Pool and there we
found the rest of the group I had hoped to gather, Sugar Babe, Bucky
and his girl friend Mojo, Duke, Gizmo and Lil Bit's brother Dino - and
of course Athena herself. She had been watching over you as well as
Ophelia and Lil Bit. It's her job as an Angel of Comfort to offer all
she can not only to those earthly bound people, but for those who are
newly arriving as well as those that are here in heaven. We all love
and appreciate the work she does, because she helps make you feel safe
and loved and never alone.

I know that you are worried that because Ophelia had no one here that
she knew, but trust me in this, love knows love when it is near. It is
one most important lesson we learn while earth bound and so when we
leave from earth to heaven we bring with us all of the love we were
given and all of the love we gave, and when we arrive we can recognize
this love in everyone we meet and that makes us all family no matter
who we were related to in our earthly lives.

So the 17 of us made our way to the Bridge, and as afternoon gave way
to twilight, we made our way to the Bridge. Along our walk we were
blessed with an escort of fire flies. They came in two lazy rows one
on each side of us and helped light our path as we walked. I know that
there are times, when we are travel this path, no matter where it
started, it always leads to the Bridge and sometimes it makes me want
to sing, and lucky me, the others joined in.

I haven't seen all there is to see
But I've seen quite a bit
I've seen things I'll always remember
Some things I wish that I could forget
I haven't quite been around the world
But I've been around the block
I know that distances are meaningless
Like the hands that move around the clock

And I know that love is everywhere
Always safe, always true
And exactly where it comes from
Is where it's going to

Your heart to mine, my heart to yours
Talk about opening windows
Talk about opening doors
My heart to yours, your heart to mine
Love is the light that shines
 From heart to heart

Here I am sitting in old Hong Kong
With the harbor and the lights
There like diamonds in the heavens
Enough to brighten the darkest of nights
There's another side to sorrow
As there is to everything
Like the other side of lonely
Is falling in love again

And then you know that there's an answer
To the suffering you see
And though it isn't easy
It's still as simple as you and me
And you know that love is everywhere
Always safe, always true
And exactly where it comes from
Is where its going to

Your heart to mine, my heart to yours
Talk about opening windows
Talk about opening doors
My heart to yours, your heart to mine
Love is the light that shines
 From heart to heart
Your heart to mine, my heart to yours
Talk about opening windows
Talk about opening doors
My heart to yours, your heart to mine
Love is the light that shines
 From heart to heart.

As we arrived at the bridge, the fire flies gathered in a soft arch
over the Bridge opening itself and then it began to glow a soft white
and then a soft yellow and then little swirls of gold and silver
mingled and danced about the ground. And as we sat in awe of all of
this beauty, there came, paw in paw, a beautiful tiny DEW and an
adorable little sable girl. Dino ran straight away to Lil Bit and swung
her around in circles, all time time kissing her soft little face and
telling her how happy he was that she was at long last home. Ophelia
just stood there at first, feeling overwhelmed I imagine, but then the
rest of us ran to her and did the very same. It was like she was the
bell of the ball, every one got a chance to give her a good swing
around and a peck on the cheek and by the time we had all finished,
she knew she was among family both old and new.

We are never alone here, never, there is always someone that we can
talk to, or cuddle with or get into a big pile and snooze, so know that
Ophelia is among that kind of love and so is Lil Bit. I have to tell
you she was glowing all over at the prospect of being reunited with her
brother. They were both shown around, and afterwards I thought I heard
Ophelia say that it was like being on a fuzzy roller coaster ride, with
so much to see and learn, but she and Lil Bit agree, they plan on using
the Viewing Pool as often as possible!

So I pass on this simple but from the heart message to you - We love
you VERY much!!!!! And as I have said before, and will continue to say,
one day when it is your time to come here and be with us, you can sure
bet there will be plenty of people AND fuzzits to greet you!

In Love & In Comfort,

Pie O' Pah