From:
Georgette Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 17:23:53 -0400
Hi there!  Sorry I've taken so long to reply.  It's been just crazy.  My
shift schedule has changed (makes it more difficult for me to keep up with
my email), my oldest ferret needs special attention and just that all
general all around chaos that I'm sure you know of!!  I posted awhile
back about my friend Miranda's ferret Felicia who had been diagnosed with
lymphoma and stomach cancer.  We received several messages with advice
and well wishes (thank you all - hope I didn't miss anyone in my personal
replies!!).  So, here's the more recent stuff ....

Okay, I spoke with Miranda some more and she said the vet did a fine needle
aspiration, that's how they diagnosed the lymphoma.  Miranda also said she
saw the xrays and though she's not a vet and it wasn't just one isolated
area, there was something that just didn't look right about Felicia's
stomach.  I suggested she get some hairball stuff and start using it soon.

Miranda plans to get a second opinion once she finishes paying for this set
of vet bills.  In the meantime, I gave her several printouts of the advice
I got from the FML as well as a bunch of recipes for duck soup, etc.  She
also talked to another friend of mine who had gone through the lyphoma
problems with her ferret, Buddy, not too long ago and got some good advice
from her as well.  She's watching Felicia like a hawk - hopefully, some
more answers will come up soon!

Take care and hugs to all! Thanks so much for your concern!
George, Jasper and the Crew

Georgette Peters                          Nothing is ferret-proof to a
Steacie Science Library                   sufficiently talented ferret.
York University
4700 Keele Street                                     *****
North York, Ontario                                 *********
M3J 1P3                                               *****
(416)736-5084
                                             Dook, dook, bjork, bjork!
e-mail - [log in to unmask]                        - Swedish Ferret