From:
Edward Colton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 1995 09:01:31 -0500
Hi Everybody!

Well, have I got NEWS!  Yesterday (Jan. l7th) I found a new ferret!  As most
of you have read, I lost by best friend last month due to complications of
old age, Chooch.  I was very uncomfortable not having him around any more so
I went on the "search" for a new guy.

I posted on the FML and got some wonderful responses.  Well, about two weeks
ago, Rose Smith wrote me via FML to tell me about a fellow who literally
lives around the block from me.  He is a private breeder here in New Jersey.
 So I took the chance and called him.  We made an appointment and I went to
see his "babies".  Well, let me tell you!  What a surprise.  He had ferrets
EVERYWHERE!  I have never seen such BIG ferrets either.  They were huge,
looked like cats to me.  Well, after being introduced to the "gang" , Ron
showed me my baby.  He is an adorable little hob (whole).  Ron thinks he
might wind up a silver panda, but it's hard to tell  as all of his fur hasn't
come in yet.  He is eight weeks old.  So, I told Ron I would be back the next
day.

Sure enough, I went back.  I met his wife, Sue, and we had a lovely visit.
Then it was time to bring the "baby" home.

Upon arrival, I set up his new home and put him in.  He is already litter
trained (and he uses it too so far) and quite a little terror!  He
immediately bit the dog to let him know who's boss now and the dog complied
(Winston, my l l/2 year old Yorkshire Terrier).  However, Winston is still a
little confused.  The new ferret likes to scream as loud as he can and is a
hissing champion.  Haven't heard any "dooks" yet, but I am sure they will
come.  He played for a while, hissed at me and everyone else, made in his
litter pan, dug all of the food out of his dish and then slept in it.
He has earned the name "Chip" as his actions remind me of Chooch, ergo "Chip
off the old Chooch!"

Looks like in a couple of months, we have to see Ron and Sue again for a
little girl.  He's going to be a heartbreaker. What a guy!

I would like to thank everyone on FML, especially Rose Smith for turning me
on to Ron and Sue here at home and for helping me find a new little friend.

C-ya!

Love from all of us,

Franny, "Chip", Winston the Yorkshire Terrier (who's nose is still a little
out of joint) and St. Kitty (she's in self excile on top of the breakfront
because she HATES the dog, even though all she has to do is "thump" him once
and that will end that).