From:
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 14:40:28 -0700
>From:    Cherri <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Still not eating
>Her poop is very small and very dark but she at least does one.

If by this you mean the small dark TARRY stools, there could be some sort of
stomach or intestinal distress.  It might be painful to eat.  Dr. Kawasaki
usually prescribes Amoxy and Pepto Bismol to treat ulcers, check with your
vet.

>From:    Lorinda Baker <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: food questions
>Also, did Cherrisa say she wanted to give her ferret Eukanuba?  If I
>understand correctly, this is a dog food.

Eukanuba is Iam's Premium dog food and is now also used on a premium line of
cat foods.  Our ferrets love it.  You are correct that ferrets should be fed
dog food.  We've gone to using mostly Totally Ferret and Iams Cat but
through Innova, Eukanuba and a few others into the mix.  We've never had any
trouble switching among any of these foods with our ferrets - guess we're
lucky.  We've only found one food that was a problem with some of ours and
that was Nutro Max Kitten - we don't use that anymore even though they as a
company were more ferret friendly than Iams - too bad.

>From:    "David J. Harmer" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Cages

We don't use wood for cages for the reasons you mention - odor retention and
rotting.  We use cages using the stiff wire mesh used by Safeguard and many
others that provides enough stiffness that it doesn't need wood for support.
Safeguard will sell either whole cages or supplies to make your own designs.
I suspect others will too.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/