From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 16:33:19 -0600
Hi Ya'll,

Have gotten some requests for the title of the book I referenced yesterday,
so here it is.

_The Highly Sensitive Person_ by Elaine Aron, PhD.

She is a psychologist and her husband is a social psychologist.  I have read
about some of their social psych experiements in my texts at school.  It is
extremely interesting and well referenced.

And one clarification.  The fear biters Iwas talking about are ferrets who
have never been abused nor have any other reason for thier behavior.  I have
long thought of them as highly strung and timid, but this theory fits
perfectly with their behavior.

Putting the finishing touches on some final papers for school.  If I can
just hang inthere a couple of more weeks, I have it made.  I am going to
take some time off from school for awhile.  I really have to figure out what
I want to be when I grow up.  hehe.  Well, I know but I have to decide if I
want to take a very ordinary job and not have a career so I can write or if
I do want to work in psychology, which would require more of my time and
energy and leave less for writing.  That is my quandry.  I still miss my
English and writing classes.  And since I am in my junior year I don't have
a lot of time to do this.  LOL!!

It is cold and dreary here.  The entire house is quiet except for me.
haven't seen anyone moving about 'cept for the walking tub o' lard, oops, I
mean Nicky boy.  Brock didn't even notice the bath.

Does anyone out there see a vet who uses herbal/alternative medicine?  If
so, could you send me their name please?  I want to do some research on
something.

Hope everyone's weekend was safe and happy.

Maggie

"Suicide is not chosen; it happens when pain exceeds the resources for
coping with it."