From:
Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2011 16:15:38 -0500
I have been contacted about a ferret at the Lake County Florida AC.
I am wondering if there is someone in that area who could take the
ferret in.

AC said the ferret has "some hair loss and a tumor that needs to be
removed; causes it to have trouble walking. Very friendly"

I am assuming that it is adrenal and insulinomic. The contact person is

Denise Williams
Lake County Animal Services
28123 CR 561
Tavares, FL 32778

cell 352-636-3740
work 352-343-9688
fax 352-343-9665

If no one in that area can take it, I am working on a possibility in
Bradford County/Starke. If all else fails, I can take it here, in
Tallahassee, if we can arrange a transport.

Please let me know of any progress, or lack of, in getting this ferret
out of the shelter. I would "assume", given its medical problems, that
euthanasia is in its future if it's not removed.

Katharine Long
Tallahassee, FL

[A later] Addendum

After emailing with Denise at Lake Co AC, I have been told that the
mass causing problems walking, which I "assumed" was insulinoma,
actually is a large mass between his back legs.

Katharine