From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2012 01:40:13 -0500
Areas besides floodplanes were hard hit by Superstorm Sandy because of
the destruction by the winds. The nor'easter then brought down a lot
more. We are not at the coast but inland, yet we had about twelve hours
of gale force winds. That is a very long time for anything to deal with
such winds when they are unrelenting. That is what combining three
major storms can get you.

Some people here still lack power though fewer than a hundred now in
our town and shelters still operate. We are glad to not have been more
than a week without power and heat ourselves. Today was a warm day in
the low sixties so i suspect that those without power would have
openned all windows and doors to warm their homes.

Our town will be having its first day of school tomorrow fifteen days
after the storm though some sections of town do not yet have open
streets.

Trees are still on roofs locally. The more critical ones had to be
tackled first.

Trains for our part of the state might take months of repairs before
they can be up again.

It is so much worse for the people at the shore, though. They had the
flooding and fires as well as the same winds which caused such damage
here.