From:
Brian Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 14:27:53 EST
I am owned by 2 Marshall farms ferrets and love them dearly.  They are my
heart.

I keep reading about this ongoing debate concerning Marshall's selling
ferrets as lab animals and pets.  I have no first hands knowledge of this
and can neither condone or condemn them.  I only know My 2 ferrets are
healthy, happy, and well adjusted.  If not for Marshall farms, I would not
have the opportunity to be owned by ferrets ( mine came from a petshop that
only uses M.F.)

I am on disability for a serious medical condition.  Before forced
retirement, I was a nurse and understand the important of medical reseach
not only in human medicine but that which benefits a species as well.  I
donot like that fact that some animal testing is still needed but I accept
it as necessary to benefit the animal species in question and mankind as
well.

This is my opinion only.  I'm not trying to spark debate just sharing how
important my ferrets are to me and my life.  I respect all peoples opinions
concerning this matter.  Afterall, we do have One important thing in common,
Ferrets.  When people lash out at others for their ideas or because they
hold a differening opinion from our own it diminishes us all.  We can agree
to disagree and debate and still be civil towards oneanother.

My ferrets are not only my friends but help me survive.  I provide them with
shelter, food, and love in return they bring me 2 more reasons to awaken
each day something else to worry about other than physical self.  I am
thankful that I have been blessed with my 2 ferrets and won't love them any
less just because they come from Marshall farms.

I will conclude now just saying my apology for this being so long.  I wanted
to share my thoughts on this issue and maybe add another prespective.  It
was not my intention to change anyone's opinion just share my own.

              Sincerly,
         Brian and my 2 angels, Keekee & Mokey.