From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 1995 10:41:26 EDT
>     Yes, that's true.  But it's getting to the point where almost all of
> the shelters have been exposed to it.
> Bruce Williams, DVM, DACVP

    I realy shouldn't reply to this I may jinx the shelter.  So far here in
the South East we realy haven't had a problem with the Greenies.  Does
anyone know of any cases here?  I guess the big thing is we have two very
old and sickly ferrets that are perminant residents of the shelter.  We did
have 12 at one time but all have gone off to a better place.

> (Wait!!! Ferret Mailing list - I thought you said parrot mailing list).
>     Ferrets - aren't they those little rodents that kill cattle and run off
> with small children....

    I like that.  As I'm sure anyone who has ever owned a ferret knows
the first thing people say is aren't they noisy. My friend had a parrot.
Unless of course you have one with you.  Last week I heard tell of a band
of wild ferrets killing a Florida Panther.  Thank god they don't swim or
else sea cows would be extinct.  How do you tip a sea cow?

    After reading BAAH and ENUFF's break threw with a sealion like walking
ferrets I fear they may beable to swim like a sealion.  Oh well it looks
like Florida will soon outlaw ferrets, and team up with California's
ranchers.  There has got to be away to keep these killer ferrets out.  Poor
little sea cow is no match for a ferret any more.  Oh no just a thought what
about Whales and Dolphins as well.  Looks like a world wide band may be on
it's way.  Thanks BAAH and ENUFF.  :-)

        Brad and his sick little mind at work here.  :-)