Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 17:34:52 -0500
Hi Folks, I got an E-mail from a friend, nam Emily, who does small animal
rescues here in Indiana and she asked me to post this.  If anyone has
any ideas for transporting 35 guinea pigs from Maryland to Indiana please
see Emily's comtact info below.

>From: "E. Aldridge" <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Hdreds of Animalsespetely Need Your Help!
>
>Right now, there are ov 250 severely neecte recently surrendered, guinea
>pigs in MD and another 100+ in NY.  The ones in NY are being taken care
>of and relocated already--for the most part, but the little piggies in
>MD are about out of time!  There is a massive effort to organize piggy
>trains to move them to rescues and foster homes as far as Canada,
>Florida, Texas, Missouri, and Iowa.  A few of them are starting to go
>N and S, and soon some will be on their way to Texas.  Here in IN I have
>found rescues and foster homes for up to 35 of them, and the Critter
>Corral in Chicago can take 10.  There are also several places in OH
>that can take in 5- 30 each, others in IA and IL that can take in a
>few.  The trip was originally planned as far as S.  Bend, IN, in 4-5
>legs, but there is no one to cover the first stretch--from MD to Akron,
>OH.  Since it is taking so long to find someone to cover t [...?] >
>
>For the original story about these piggies you can go to
>
>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A17083-2004Jun4.html
>
>http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/2407/MD/US/1
>
>If you are interested in helping here is what is most needed
>
>DRIVERS to get them to the homes and rescues that are waiting for them.
>
>DONATIONS to help pay for their care while they wait to be rescued.
>Contact the Tri-County Animal Shelter, c/o Joanna Snow, 6707 Animal
>Shelter Road, Hughesville, MD 20637.  Phone (301)932-1713 or
>1-800-903-1992.
>
>Please make sure they KNOW it's for the piggies
>
>VOLUNTEER if you live in their area, or even take the piggies some
>greens to help meet their daily requirement of vitamin C!  Help with
>their daily care may buy the piggies more time, because it will relieve
>some of the shelter's burden.
>
>Or a VAN I can borrow for a few days!
>
>Please feel free to contact me with any questions.  Thanks to All and
>God Bless!
>
>Emily
>Lovin' Homes
>(574) 606-1539
>http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/IN226.html

Duane & Linda Watts and the fuzzies Dozier, Taz, Suger, Holly, Sparky,
Skeeter, Scooter, Blaze, Chance, Sarah, Gidget, Sandi, Raven, Jasmin,
Daisy, Bennie, Rascal, Ginger, Sophie, Patches, And Sabrina (our Dog)
Missing:Cocoa, Ann, Bandit, Mindy, Mandy, Smokey, Romeo, Spooky, Luigi,
and Podo