From:
Doug Regier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 15:01:25 -0600
Hi, This is my first post, but I've been reading FML for over two weeks
now.  I have a question.  I had a loner female ferret and decided recently
to get her a friend.  So yesterday I adopted a fixed male approx. age 2
from the local animal shelter.  His name is Bear.  It fits too, he ways
about 3 to 3.5 lbs.  Sable is only 1.5 lbs.  My question is about her, she
is absolutely terrified of him.  We are talking shaking and wanting to be
held, she never wanted to be held except when she was sick once.  Did I
make a mistake?  I have put Bear in a separate cage and have only let him
out with her twice in the last 24hrs.  And I supervised the encounter.  How
long should I except this behavior to last?  Any advice is welcome.  Thanks
in advance.

Wendy