From:
Dayna Frazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 1996 20:50:37 EDT
After the terriffic presentation given by Dr. Willard at the Ferret Roundup
in Calif. a while back I have been feeding TF to all the fuzzbrains in my
collection...in and out of the infirmary...and most took to it and are real
happy with it...but as usual there is the holdout group that hated the taste
[a problem others have had as well I hear] and wouldn't touch it...so I have
them on Mazuri Ferret Diet [they have tailored and produced zoo diets (and
those folks are FUSSSSY)] and all the fur kids love the Mazuri without
exception... as with TF very little ends up in the litter pan and their fur
is glorious and they have improved muscle tone, reduced body fat retention,
and are generally more alert and cheery.  The difference is that Mazuri
costs about $1.20 per lb.  [far less than TF..perhaps because it is just one
of many zoo originated critter foods] and with me that has to be a
consideration... I am hoping TF will offer rescues and shelters a special
price since we are so non-profit it hurts!  and that makes it a grand tax
writeoff for them without really costing them anything.  About the same
amount is consumed and about the same amounht actually makes it thru to the
other end of the ferret [darn little] and after studying the ingredients
list and calling and questioning the manufacturers of Mazuri using notes
from the TF lecture and data as a base to ask informed questions...the two
foods are remarkably similar all the way around.  I buy Mazuri in 25 lb.
bags and weigh out and repackage for ferts I have had in my medical unit and
later have matched with their special human...that way it never gets old or
dry or stale..  TF is truely wonderful food but economically its a
staggering difference and with my food needs here I have stayed with Mizuri
and been very pleased...any one at the ferret roundup saw my Cin-Cin Loony
and can attest to her health, coat [even told us she smelled
heavenly-unrelated to the food issue ] attitude, and general condition.

Now...why in all the FML's I have gone thru has Mizuri diet never been
mentioned???  Have I missed something here???  Comment would be much
appreciated..  :] dayna

 dayna frazier   102046,3162
 "Worry is the interest we pay on the trouble we borrow!"

[Moderator's note: Mazuri food has been mentioned in 37 different issues
of the FML in the last year or so... several times in just the last couple
of months... close to 10 percent of the FMLs.  BIG]