From:
Chris and Tara Palaski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:05:21 -0400
Hi Guys

Wanted to give you a quick update on the seven.  Barb, another local
shelter director, is doing the adv tests and evalutaions tonight.  We
will put on triage style surgery schedule once they are evaluated.  We
have a surgery spot reserved with Dr. Sliwa on the 16th of July, Dr.
Wagner is making himself available on the 9th of July to do surgeries and
Dr. Heller has offered to do surgery as well (need to check on available
dates).  So we have 50% of the problem solved.  What we don't have is the
money to do these surgeries.  We will need a mininmum of $1500 to get
vaccines, surgeries and post surgery meds for the 7 ferrets.  We have
$150.  Any help, even $20, would make a difference.  If you are able to
help out with the medical costs please let me know asap as the surgeries
need to be paid for at the time services are rendered.

Donations can be sent in the following ways:

Paypal- designate the money to [log in to unmask]

Check- Check made out to PFRA sent to

PFRA
PO Box 724
Greeensburg, PA 15601

Since we are using several local vets the above two methods are prefered.
If you are not comfortable with this a check may be sent direct to our
main shelter vet made out to All Pets Hospital with a note that money is
to be applied to PFRA account sent to:

All Pets Hospital
125 W Second St
Greensburg, Pa 15601

We also still need homes for these guys.  I have had 3 shelters volunteer
to take in some, or all, of them.  this is an option I would like to save
as a last resort.  These are older ferrets.  Moe than likely they will be
passed over again an again (especially as a group) and they will more
than likely live their lives in the shelter.  I REALLY want to place them
in a home/homes.

Thanks so much!

~Tara
PFRA