From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 18:51:09 -0400
>From:    Lisa Carswell <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Weighing your ferrets
>Can someone recommend a place to buy a good, accurate scale for weighing
>ferrets?  Obviously a set of bathroom scales isn't going to work and I'd
>like to keep up with my fuzzies' weights just out of curiosity as well.

I believe there are places on the web with a wide variety, but I found one
at Office Depot that works just great and is accurate to 1 gram (or 1/4
ounce).  It's a postal scale made by Sunbeam.  When I bought mine, they
had two variations, both digital.  One had a ten pound capacity, but after
using it a few times, I ended up taking it back because I didn't like it.
A battery conserving feature has it shut itself off after too short a time
period (seemed like 10 seconds or so) and the display faced straight up.
It was very difficult to read when you have a tupperware container with a
ferret in it on top of the scale.

The other one only goes to four pounds, but that's enough for my crew.  The
display faces out instead of up and it has no battery conserving feature,
so it doesn't shut off by the time I chase down Spaz, Beasley or Penny.  If
I recall correctly, it was around $65.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Visit our shelter's web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC