From:
Cynthia Donovan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 06:52:46 EST
The cutest ferret momment I've experienced thus far ...

Epstein is a rubber chewer .... he loves anything rubber.  I was very
excited when I read about the Cheweasle .... and thrilled when they arrived
in the mail.  I told Epstein all about this great new treat ..  danced
around a bit and then presented him with his first Cheweasl.

Epstein looked at the Cheweasle... sniffed it and then walked away.  I then
went into overdrive trying to make him like it.  I covered the Cheweasle
with Ferrettone - served it up wet - warmed it up - put it in the food dish -
chewed on it myself - stored it with my licorice - froze it etc.  This went
on for weeks.

This morning I placed one inside his sleep-sack.  A few minutes after I put
Epstein into his cage I noticed that the Cheweasle was in the "poop pan".  I
thought I'd left a second chewweasl in the cage.  I took it out of the
poop-pan, washed it off and putt it back in the sleep sack.  Epstein picked
the Cheweasle up, brought it back to the poop-pan and dropped it in.  I
again place it in the sleep sack --- and Epstein again placed it in the
poop-pan.  I'm sure we could of played this game for hours ...but I was late
for work and had to stop.

Epstein has very specific food - sleep and poop areas in his cage.  He never
brings any toys or food anywhere near the poop-pan.  (Although he'd poop on
my kitchen table if I let him.) He know the routine and he knows that
anything in the poop-pan goes way in the morning.  He threw the chewweasl
away!  Ha!

Now if they only made a licorice flavored Cheweasle....

:)  Cynthia Donovan