From:
john rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 13:08:24 -0400
this is how it went:---i wrote to `redfab72`, who had the ferret cape on
ebay.: "as a former assoc. of the aspca, i would welcome...particulars...

>my reply [to hers, above].--

"Rosalind, I figured that the wrap was from the `days of fur`, as my
granny`s & my mom`s mink stoles still hang in the closet.  And yes,
leather is from an animal.  We are all animals!  I am 52yrs. old & was
an avid hunter for many years.  Shooting, skinning, gutting,....& eating,
was a fun pastime-hobby.  I have nothing against taxidermy, but you must
realize that the ferret is the #3 pet in the USA!  There are many fert.
lovers out there, myself incl., and a picture like that was `emotionally`
disturbing to us, which brought out the `protest` in us all!  I like
rabbit stew, but since owning ferrets, I could no longer kill, clean etc.
these similar-size animals!  I think of stopping beef ingestion, but I
enjoy a good porterhouse too much!!  Please understand,emotions took over
those responding neg., myself incl., to see the pic.  While holding our
own ferrets on our laps or shoulders!!  (ferrets like to read over your
shoulders!).

Thanks for your reply, & I hope you understand ferret owners a bit
better!  (rescue shelters are full of abused ferrets, & the pelt was
like icing on the cake!!)

thanks, john rich.  jdr.