Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 18:07:47 -0600
I am a recent new owner (I posted last week introducing myself) and am
having a wonderful time with Mortis my albino ferret.  However he is a very
*ENERGIZED* guy.  I don't mind it, I love to play with him.  However he is a
bit rough.  He likes to nip and scratch, and with him being so young I don't
feel comfortable with clipping his nails yet.  Plus whenever I pick him up
he scurms continiously until he gets free, nipping and clawing at me all the
while (even at my face) I realize a lot of it is his playfullness and his
curiousity of his new surroundings.

I would like some help on some good training techniques, I have recieved a
few and am thankful however some do require treats to be used.  But Mortis
does not want to eat anything I put in his face.  I have tried some beef,
some carrots, even some candy.  I've tried mixing the carrots and some
ferret treats I got from the store in his food and he leaves them alone.
It's as though he does nto realize thier food, which is a good guess.

So please if you have anything to tell me please give me a email and let me
know.  Thanks a bunch.

                 Tich
                 & Mortis