Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 1995 09:30:50 -0700
Dear Ahn, Applejuice, Beckett, and Max (poor guy)-

        ACK!!!  She wouldn't' cut the gate because it cost ten measley,
ridiculous, meaningless dollars?  And no butter?  Bean thinks that is
just crazy.  Butter is FUN.

        Thank you very much for the warning.  To tell you the truth, I
didn't think it would work at first.  Luckily, the one I have has *maybe* a
quarter inch open on the sides, but it is stuck in there tight to prevent
Bean from pulling the whole mess down on top of her.  As soon as I brought
it home, Miss Seek and Destroy came over, dug up the carpet, and promptly
began chewing the plastic mesh.  Oh well, I thought, another great,
brilliant idea destroyed.  But, wonder of wonders, she actually left it
alone.  But the plexiglass/plywood is a great idea.  I am going to stick a
piece onto the gate to guard against any chance of her getting stuck.

        By the way, Bean and I are entered in a one-half mile walk/run in
Pullman, WA this weekend.  It is an "exotic pet" activity, so hopefully
there will be LOTS of other beastlings for her to play with.  It is
sponsored by our Vet School, and Iams.  Should be fun!!!

        I still can't believe that a ferret owner would worry about ten
dollars when a fuzzy is stuck, and drooling no less.  The thought of poor
Max hanging there makes me want to cry.