Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 20:17:35 -0500
Here's a twist on getting personal messages at work -

I work at a social service agency that helps battered women.  We also have
a strong anti-racism focus.  We get dozens of emails a day, some from
relevant listservs... as one of the computer-comfortable ones, I check the
email daily.

Well, imagine my surprise, a day or 2 ago, when i opened an email at work
that was titled, "Save Endangered Ferrets"!  Wait a minute, where am I?
These come to my house!

Turned out it had arrived via one of the listservs that includes a wide
variety of politically progressive information, mostly specific to our
little region, but there are also frequesnt posts of national or
international significance... One of the listserv members had forwarded a
communication from the World Wildlife Fund about Black Footy Ferrets.  I
won't try to copy the whole thing here, but, if youare interested, it
suggests

>Please go to
>http://takeaction.worldwildlife.org/
>to send free messages urging BLM officials to prohibit prairie dog
>shooting in the ferrets' recovery area in Montana.

Just thought i'd share...

---shen