Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 05:02:49 -0700
Dani Lucking wrote:

>I have hardwood floors in my new house, built in 1958.  I CANNOT get the
>ferrets to stop pooping behind the bedroom door.

Aren't our little monsters wonderful?!!

I use newspaper!  Not a single sheet, but a whole section and only
unfolded to see one page.  If your furkids like to burrow, then use
masking tape to hold it down.  You will be changing everyday or more
frequently, but it does the trick.

Another suggestion I have seen work..but not 100%.  Thoroughly clean and
disinfect the area.  Then, spray liberally with Febreze.  It works with
2 of my companions.  I have heard, but not tried or verified, that
Downey Fabric Softener works in the same application.

As a last resort, talk to a hardwood surface preparation expert in your
area about putting a special coating down in that area that is urine and
poop resistant.  Use of a silicon sealant will prevent movement of any
liquids or solids under the moldings or wainscoting.  (If you can't lick

Much Success!

MC, The Rude One
(With Snorkle, Tuzigoot, and Bancho)
[In spirit, Bubba, Billy-Bob, and Garret]