Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:25:05 -0500
You all wanted to hear about McKay babies, so this is for those people.

In the group, we had two sable huge, huge stinky hobs. They had
powerful .. jaws. Thank goodness they only used them when they were
scared. Scared was if you came to them suddenly, put your hand in the
cage, or did anything other than love them. All of the babies did not
tolerate hands in the cage. This fascinated me. Part of it, I"m sure
was for territorial reasons, lack of socialization, and just plain
trauma from their lives in the past few weeks. They are just now
understanding they were "saved". But I really think there was more to
it. You see, once they come to you on their own out of their cages,
most of them didn't bite unless, like I said, you startled them. They
were very loving. You could tell that genetically, they had a very
gentle disposition. This is my theory and it's not a pretty one. These
kids lived in open wire cages with large holes. Feral cats, mink, and
other wild animals were always at them. So, I'd imagine that it would
become a reflex and necessary for survival or them to fend off any
little living thing that tried to poke in their cage. If they bit for
only the other reasons? They'd bite a heck of a lot more outside the
cage. But I'm not a rescuer, so "I don't know". (Shut up Robin).
Anyway, the sable boys were brothers that looked a like. The one was
much calmer emotionally than the other. While doing his nails, my son
showed us that he had black teeth. I never saw black teeth. Black teeth
are dead teeth. How did that happen? The one we saw, had ground down
fangs and front teeth. Evendently from going crazy to get out and
trying to get out he was chewing the wires and opened up those teeth to
infection, etc. The brothers were bonded and were very cute together.
They were big. Did I say they were big? One tore into Renee when she
tried to look at their teeth making a wound that would send me to the
ER and she said, "ouch". Taped it up with gauze. Packing tape is useful
for more than just packages I learned.

One female, looked exactly like a black footed ferret, except for
having a long face. She was pure siamese including the perfect black
line going up her tummy. She was skittish, but nice. A nice home would
change her forever and ever, I could tell. I forget her name. So I call
her "Skittish".

Then we had a wild bunch. Female of course. Females are trouble when
they run in packs. They were all white or light colored interestingly.
There were four or five of them. I did not go near them without gloves.

Then there was Psycho Babble. This dark silver was hooded and looked
like a mouse because of her teensy eyes. I have never met a ferret
like this. This ... was a cool ferret. She was insane. Like Alex. Just
kidding. When you put her down, she'd dance. And not stop. We had her
out for hours, just waiting for her to stop. Other ones ran around for
like 30-60 min before they'd wear down for the night. Not Psycho girl.
Omg, the hours ticked and she never stopped. Jumping, thrashing,
he-he'ing, tackling, and I mean nonstop. So much fun. When you got her
to calm down a tad, you could hold her fine. Very nice. But if you
tried to play with her, or if you approached her while she danced, you
got bit, shook and told "no, I"m busy dancing" in ferret language.
Whoever gets that girl, is going to get a FUN ferret.

There were cinnamon sisters that looked like twins. I enjoyed watching
them. I also enjoyed Miss Helen. I have no idea how old Miss Helen is
because she was hagard looking, blind, has only half a tail, and
incontinent ... because she was bred to near death. Literally. Her
uterus is said to be larger than some cats. She is now spayed of
course, is in her own carrier with her own comforts all to herself
for the very first time in her entire life. I loved her. I wish I had
extra money for her care and more importantly lots of time for her
retirement.

All babies danced and you'll be happy to know GRATEFUL. They all want
something of their own! Including names. One baby grabbed a specifica
blanket from out of the cage when they already had blankets and pulled
it in and slept on it. That baby now owns that blanket. A boy likes
Rikki Tikki toys only. You throw one, he tackles it, plays with it,
then lays on top of it watching everyone and guarding it. All of the
Tikki toys are now his. It was amazing, how each of their pesonalities
were so drastically different and how they were so quick to pick things
for themselves then treasure them. It made me cry at night. They all
eat like little piggies. I mean, many were not emaciated when they were
rescued. But I suppose they are so used to food getting spoiled in the
heat and frozen up in the cold, they eat fast and hard when they get it
fresh.

I now have in my possesion, a tiny, very elegant looking, almost frail
albino girl named Jillian. She enjoys just being held. However, she
will bite you if she is taken off guard because of something. But you
know what? She stops herself. After she bites, she immediately releases
and looks around like she's sorry as she realizes she is safe. She is
going to need TLC, calmness, and lots of security and I"m sure she'll
be terrific. Karen D? Congrats. You are so lucky.

Wolfy