From:
Jo Ellen Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2006 07:25:00 -0500
My little Marty has that ferret disease that makes them loose their hair,
can't think of the name right now but would know if I heard it.  He seems
happy otherwise but he is old and the vet said he probably wouldn't make
it through the surgery.  We have decided to wait it out and the vet also
said we would know when it was time to make that final decision.  I can
not bear the thought of loosing him and him not being here.  It just
makes me sick.  I don't want him to suffer.  I let him out to run around
and night when I get home and he does for about 5-10 minutes and then
goes back to his cage to bed.  He still eats and drinks.  If someone out
there could give me some advice or has been through this and has had to
make the decision please let me know.  I just do not want him to suffer
but I know I am selfish not wanting to loose him.  I can't go through
this again.  I don't think I will get anymore as it is too hard.  They
just weazel themselves into your lives and hearts and don't let loose.
Thanks ahead of time to all of you out there.

Jo & Marty