From:
Holly Park Library <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 1994 12:46:26 -0500
Ed would like to hear from people who have had experiences with
Marshall Farms females who have gone into heat due to incomplete
spay jobs.
  What can one do? The Ferrets NorthWest vet does not recommend
mating, which may be ineffective, painful and dangerous. He says
a re-spaying is best.
  What recourse does one have? Ed has spoken with Marshall Farms
and they will reimburse you provided you have the following:
a) vet statement/bill  b) bill of sale from purchase of ferret
c) MF "green card."
   The green card is especially important because imitators are
tatooing ferrets with the MF trademark (two blue "dots" on the
right ear) in an attempt to make people think the ferrets came
from Marshall Farms.
   FNW has seen five MF females in this condition; three died,
two were saved.
   Please address correspondence to
   Edward Lipinski    Ferrets NorthWest
   4321 86th Avenue S.E.
   Mercer Island    WA  98040-4124
      tel. (206) 232-1228

submitted by Kate Pappas   [log in to unmask]

Chris please note--no "editorializing"--the only opinion I'll express
is: I wish dear Ed would get his *own* modem so he can go on-line
for himself! Thanx for posting as he is anxious to hear from y'all.