From:
Sarah Branham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 14:17:16 EDT
This is in regard to the post from Samantha Clemons about the teen wanting
a ferret.  First I want to Commend Samantha.  You're taking on a LOT of
responsibility at such a young age!  Kudos to you!!  I am 18 and only have
two furbutts.  I have my hands full with these two, I could only imagine
working at a shelter along with school, social life, and other chores.  I
no longer attend school, though I do work now.  When I started work, I felt
almost as if I were cheating my babies out of their time out and so on.
But it makes me feel great to come home and see them perk their heads up
and come running to the door so I can let them out and let them give me
kisses.  And, for the teen who wants to get a ferret, PLEASE think hard
about it.  As I'm sure you know, they take a LOT of time and hard work.
But let me tell you, I wouldn't give a second thought about getting another
one if it weren't for the fact that I will be moving out in a couple of
months and that I have to save money for other things now as well.  And to
let you know, my social life hasn't gone down the tubes completely either.
I actually find myself WANTING to stay home with my babies.

-Sarah, Ginger, and Max