From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 08:53:08 -0400
No. 421 and Oliver were taking a day off to catch up on their reading.
It was warm and sunny at the Bridge, and the two ferrets were out in
their lawn chairs.

There was a flapping of wings and Bluebird flew in coming to rest on
No. 421's chair back.

"Hi Fellas," she chirped. "I has a special greeting for you today. We
has a ferret named Lolly who crossed earlier this week, and she has
family here."

No. 421 took the ticket from Bluebird and looked it over.

"Oliver, get your self dressed in something besides sweats and go
over to the Field of Dreams. I need you to find SassyFrassy, Bonkers,
LunaMoon, Jubilee and the a group of ferrets called the Scruff You
Gang."

"Aw No. 421," Oliver said. "That group is way over the other side of
the hill. I'll be gone all morning."

"Not if you run," No. 421 said. "You've been putting on weight all
winter. Get hopping and meet me at the Bridge in an hour or so."

No. 421 was right. The reason Oliver was wearing his sweats was
because it was all he could get into.

He started down the path to the Field of Dreams on his mission. He
hoped he would find them right off. He was looking forward to just
sitting in the sun and doing nothing today.

Just then, a group of ferrets whizzed by on their scooter. They were
a fun loving group but they kept to themselves. They were circling
around again when one of them shouted to Oliver.

"Hey Dude, which way it is to the Ferretone Falls? We are all out of
tone and need to refill out bottles."

"I'm going right by there," Oliver said. "Move over and let me ride
with you and I'll take you there."

The ferrets moved over, and Oliver sat beside a cutie; someone called
LunaMoon. He got out his ticket -- LunaMoon, hhuummm, "Say LunaMoon,
and are you related to a ferret named SassyFrassy or Bonkers?"

"Why yes," LunaMoon replied, "That's SassyFrassy sitting over there at
the controls."

The group was slowing down as the Ferretone Falls came in site. "Thank
you so much," LunaMoon said. "Everybody out, lets get these filled up."

Oliver just stood there as the ferrets filled their bottles and jumped
back in the scooter. "Hey, wait for me," he called. "I has to take you
up to the Bridge. You has family arriving today, wait up."

The jolly foursome looked at Oliver. "De Bridge, who is coming we need
to see," said LunaMoon.

Oliver looked at his ticket again. "Er, a ferret named Lolly, she
crossed at the beginning of the week," Oliver said. "I has orders to
get you all to the Bridge to meet up with her."

"Lolly, our Lolly is here," cried Jubilee. "Let's go." The group sped
off covering Oliver in a cloud of dust.

Oliver started to run after the scooter, but they were clear out of
sight. He slowly walked back to the path he had come down and started
to trudge up the hill.

The scooter roared up the path and sped along to the Bridge. No. 421
had just settled down when an elderly ferret began to cross. She was
having a hard time, but as she crossed, she began to move faster.

"Hello there" she called. "Where is this place I'm at?"

"This be the Rainbow Bridge," No. 421 said. "Are you Lolly? My currier
Oliver was supposed to be finding some family you have here." Come over
here and sit with me a spell till he gets back."

Lolly was moving faster now, and sat down next to No. 421 as the roar
of an engine was heard. A hot rod scooter with four ferrets in it,
screeched to a halt at No. 421's chair. The scooter backfired scaring
No. 421 out of his skin. The four ferrets jumped out and started to run
toward Lolly.

"Lolly, Lolly, that you." Bonkers called. "How you doing old gal?"

The five ferrets began to dook together and hug each other. "Lolly was
smiling from ear to ear.

"Thank you for finding my family." Lolly said. "Do you think you could
find a mound near them for me?"

"No way Lolly," Bonkers said. "You move right in with us. Hey No. 421,
you still got that pointy little messenger hanging around? Can she send
a message home to our Mom Karen and let her know we is all together
again?"

No. 421 called Shooting Star, and asked her to take a message home to
Mom Karen. Shooting Star had been waiting just above the treetops where
it was safe, incase she was needed.

"Tell Karen Lolly has arrived and has been reunited with family," he
said. "Tell her they all send love and will be waiting here for her to
come."

With that note in mind, Shooting Star bowed gracefully and sped away.
Th five ferrets all piled on the scooter, and revving the engine,
they sped away, down the hill in another cloud of dust.

No. 421 began to wonder where Oliver went. He should have been here
with the group. As he started to walk back to the cabin, he noticed
a pile of dust, sneezing and walking along the path. It was wearing
sweat pants and had a tail.

"Oliver, that you, Oliver?" No. 421 called. "What happened?"

Oliver shook more dust from his coat and looked at No. 421.

"What a group they are," he said. "They were so excited to see Lolly
they all jumped on their hot rod scooter and zoomed away. They threw
up so much dust, I almost lost my way. I was trying to follow them but
those hot rod scooter drivers, don't stop for nuttin'. I just need to
go home and get washed."

No. 421 smiled to himself. Oliver was such a delicate ferret, just not
into any rough stuff.

The two ferrets went back to the cabin; Oliver took a shower and No.
421 wrote in his logbook; mission accomplished. The Hot Rod Scooter
drivers have one more ferret on their team. Miss Lolly is here and
with her family.

Oliver came out in the sun, looking like a ferret again, bringing two
glasses of iced ferretone tea. He decided he would start his "get in
shape program" tomorrow, for today, he would just hang out in the lawn
chair.