From:
Teresa Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 15:31:36 -0700
Hello again all,

I see in the posted replys that you all think I am the one that has the
kits.  I only WISH I was.  I certainly would not have let them die.  This
happened a week ago.  A breeder/shelter person let the kits starve to
death.  She was trying to tell me that there was no way to save them
since the jill did not produce milk.  I believe in breeding responsibly!
If you decide to breed a young jill, out of season, and she is not a good
mom or gets an infection or produces no milk.  It is your responsibilty
to SAVE THE BABIES!

I was very upset as were my kids to hear that all 4 kits died, in
essence, because the breeder took the lazy way out.  This person works
a full time job, and said they could not feed babies all day.

The breeder also runs a shelter.  How can you run a shelter and let
babies die?  She was very upset over a starved, ill ferret that she had
turned into her.  But can let 4 babies die..

I am thinking about asking her to give me the kits, if this happens
again, to save.  I will do all the work, etc.  Or ask other ferret
knowledgeable people to help me.  I am sure she would be offended..

If she did not owe me a kit, I think I would have nothing to do with her
again.

Is it against the law to do what she did?  Is there some recourse that
can be taken?

I am not posting anon this time.  I figure if the breeder sees this.  Oh
well, she can know how sad, disgusted, and angry, I am.

Teresa AZ