From:
Deborah Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 08:50:51 AKDT
Hi!

Thanks all for your previous help with ideas on how to move with ferrets
from Alaska to Arizona.  We just returned from a house-hunting trip in
Tucson and if all goes well, we'll have a house to move into next month.
Right now the house is totally ferret-proof (I crawled around and checked!)
So, if we keep things ferret-proofed when we move in, Patch and Lily won't
be restricted to a small room.

Anyways, to the request.  We have to move out of our rental on May 31st,
but we are not leaving Fairbanks until June 11th.  We'll be staying at a
friends' house who doesn't want us to keep the ferrets at their house and
our usual ferret-sitter is on vacation.  So, we need someone to take the
ferrets in for about 2 weeks from Memorial Day to June 11th.  Patch and
Lily are both great ferrets who get along well with other ferrets and cats
(Patch likes to drag little ferrets around!).  Patch always uses his litter
box, but Lily forgets about 15% of the time.  Neither bite, both give
kisses.  Patch loves people and licking feet.  Patch is on prednisone twice
a day, but loves his medicine.  We'll be taking them to the vet during the
week of June 9th for health certificates, so if you have my ferrets, I'll
be keeping in close touch with you.  Both are up-to-date on rabies and
distemper shots and to the best of my knowledge, neither has been exposed
to ECE.

Please, if anyone in the Fairbanks area knows of someone who can take in a
couple of ferrets for two weeks, please respond.

Thanks so much for your help!

Deb Adams (&Patch&Lily)