From:
Garth Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 1996 20:49:43 -0600
OK, I've tried every suggestion from the FAQ and Slinky's still not litter
trained.  I've used treats, Ferretone, litterboxes in all her favorite
places (except one), and she's still not getting it.  How old will she have
to be before she's trained?  Right now she is a little over two months old,
and she is out of her cage about 7 or 8 hours a day.  She never misses her
litter box in her cage, only when she is out in one room (that's all I'll
allow her to be in since I can't ferret proof more than this room).  Help!!
She was doing good until today.  She had only missed once in about four
days, but today she just went hog wild!  She missed five times and didn't go
in her litter box once.  She would get in her litter box and look like she's
trying, and then jump out and go to another corner.  Or, I'd put her in a
litter box and she'd immediately run to a corner without a litter box.  Her
other favorite thing to do is go right next to the litter box, in the corner
created by the litter box and the wall!  I am getting exhausted by this
process.  I can deal with her spreading my magazines across the floor, or
her tumping over the trashcans, but I don't want to have to follow her
around for an hour everytime she wakes up.  I need help, encouragement and
support.  Mainly, I need people telling me some secret of litter training
that I obviously don't know.  Thanks in advance.

                                  Garth Williams
                                    Austin, Tx
                             http://www.realtime.net/~garthw/