Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 20:38:48 -0500
I'm writing in response to how cats and ferrets get along, as I'm owned
by 3 fuzzies and 4 felines.  Let me start by saying all of my cats were
obtained at approx 8 weeks of age and my fuzzies at 6-8 weeks.  The age
range of my cats prior to the new additions were 3 years, 6 years, 9 years,
and 12 years.  My first ball of fuzz was a small sable female, then feeling
guilty about her not having a companion 1 month later we brought her home a
sable brother.  Almost a year later I feel in love with this little wired
champagne boy, who I just couldn't resist.

All 7 get along as if they were together there entire life.  Each fuzzy
upon entering my home, was held while the cats sniffed them like crazy,
then I placed the little fuzz on the floor under very strict supervision.
My cats had no idea what in the world to make of this little thing, except
mom brought home a new addition.  They play together, chase together, eat
together, and use the litter box together.  I strongly believe the most
important aspect of them getting along is the temperament of the older pets
already in the house.  I am very blessed by my children.

It is quite a site to watch a 1 or 2 lb little ferret chase a 12-17 lb cat
through the house.  It's also going to be quite a site later this year as
they're all do for there shots at the same time.  Imagine walking in the
office with four cats and 3 ferrets at the same time.  LOL

Brenda