From:
Kate Pappas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2012 13:36:06 -0700
I had to laugh when I read Cody's post! He reminded me so much of Zorro
(whose nickname is "Strong Jumper") When I met Zorro and his sister for
the first time, at the WA Ferret Shelter, I was sitting on the floor in
the middle of a wire pen with ferrets circulating inside.

"Be careful of that one!" the staff person warned me. Of course, I
wanted to know why, and she said, pointing to the washing machine
behind me, "You have to watch out for him because he can jump out of
the pen and on top of the washing machine!"

I remember looking up at the machine, over my head (remember, I was
sitting on the floor" and thinking, "Wow--I know that I couldn't jump
up there, myself--and he's only a few inches tall!"

Well, we got him (and his sister) home, and we had to modify all of
our ferret "Dutch doors" that, in the past, had served to keep FIVE
other ferrets from getting into the kitchen or bedrooms. Zorro --"Mr.
Smartypants"--figured out a way to get on top of the computer desk and
jump into the kitchen from there--a long, diagonal jump--so we had to
put up a barrier there, too.

I vividly recall his reaction after we did that---my husband and I were
in the kitchen, watching Zorro jump up, and down, and up, and down,
trying to figure out a way to get into the "food room." It was like
watching an acrobat on a trampoline!

Cody--you're doing well! The Zorillito approves of you! Way to GO,
little guy!!

Kate (currently owned by "George & Michaela," nicknamed "Zorro &
Mickey"--a dark-and-dashing big sable boy and a sweet-and-spunky tiny
red-headed girl)