From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 01:00:32 -0400
Hi all,
Well we are at the Cheshire Fair this year-- as last year we have a nice
booth display in the community organization / education area.  This year
we are particularly pleased with the presentation which includes a lap top
and the intro panel to our "Welcome to Ferret Wise" powerpoint production.
There are also health articles, care articles and event articles, and
recommended educational books in the display.  Several feature published
works authored by your faithful Ferret Wise shelter manager too!  A display
of the Ferre Wise funhouse & sleepers rounds out the foundation part of the
display along with appliqued towels , ferret shaped soap etc.  Familiar
faces in the display this year are past ferret leaders Cloudburst & Ewok
and the present mascot himself Bear Ferret Wise.  Tomorrow AM will be the
hour of reckoning we will see how we measured up-- and if there is any
chance we have created a blue ribbon educational display for the second
year in a row!

For the first time - Ferret Wise 4-H has a display in the 4-H building
at the south end of the fairgrounds.  Lynn Ekkens age 9 has done an
OUTSTANDING job in her "Ferrets are Fun!" display.  She covers all the
basic care regimen and tips for outings etc.  We are certainly proud of the
great display Lynn has created.  Lynn ( and Mom Lorna) adopted Gary Ferret
Wise a year ago.  She has done an excellent job of learning all she could
on care and handling.  Even Lynn's Mom is amazed at her intuitiveness in
relating to Gary and knowing exactly what his stress tolerances are.  We
are wishing Lynn Ekkens a good judging on her individual educational 4-H
challenge.  She will be leading next years Ferret Wise 4-H where we hope
to have entry level judging and evaluation as well as multiple displays.
The Ferret Wise 4-H program is open to any current NH 4-H members with
permission from their group leaders and parents.  Monthly learning
workshops will beginning in October 2000.

We would like to encourage anyone visiting the Cheshire Fair (on Rte 12,
North Swanzey , NH) this year to look up these displays-- we would love to
hear some input for the next time!

Karen Crassi ( thanks again Karen) has once again updated the shelter's
web site at :
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html
complete with the current ebay auctions to help shelter programs.

More auction goods for Ferretstock ( Sept 9th) arrived today including a
full size metal baker's rack for those industrious ferret moms, and some
wonderful audio clocks- one of songbirds, the other with trains, a
delightful glass dome with a collectible mouse lady carrying a basket with
a pet ferret-- ( you have got to see this one).  Two wonderful cage sets
from Dancing Ferret in NY ( thanks Sue) also arrived and more is scheduled
in this week!  Those who would like to donate to the auction events-- or
would like more information on the upcoming Ferretstock event are
encouraged to email the above shelter address.

Angel our new recruit is nearing readiness for adoption.  She will receive
her rabies vaccination next week.  She has a wonderful personality and
disposition now she is not living in a plexiglass pen!  Amazing what 5
plus months of that would do to a ferret!

Those interested in this light silver blaze gal should contact the shelter
to initiate adoption pre-screening.

Take care-- hope to see you all at the shelter work day Aug 12th!

Alicia
for the many faces of Ferret Wise