From:
Dan and Deena DuFour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 19:09:18 -0600
I have been observing the FML for a few weeks, and as a newbie, have seen
that most of the people here are extremely loving and kind, with that
*special* sense of humor that it takes to own a ferret.  I was actually
shocked when I read your post.  The diction and spelling in Sandee's posts
are "murdered" for good reason.  I suggest you read them again, with a
loving heart, and use a little bit of imagination.  (Ferrets can't spell)

I do not believe that many people here were insulted, because they
understand, and if you are really that angry about Sandee's posts, skip
them, no one forces you to read them.  Many people are grateful for what
she does, and it shows every single day.  I have never read a negative post
towards Sandee, with the exception of yours, and hardly think that such
bashing was necessary.  I do not wish to start any arguments, especially
since this is my very first post, but please do not assume that ALL of
us were insulted by Sandee.  I was not, and have never been insulted by
anything she's written.  Personally, I think the stories, that she *takes
the time* to write, are a wonderful gift to anyone mourning the loss of a
pet that was loved.  I am sorry that you are so angry about spelling and
diction, but you are missing the true meaning.  You also said that she is
not humorous, entertaining, or adult.  Again, I disagree.  I find her to be
very humorous and imaginative.  I always take a moment to think of those
who've lost a little one and how nice it must be to imagine that they ARE
swimming in Ferritvite or lounging in a "Hammock Haven".  It's a wonderful
distraction from the harsh reality that their pet is gone, and a gift like
THAT, which shows caring and compassion during a difficult time is VERY
adult!  She doesn't even KNOW these people, and takes the time to give a
part of herself.  I have immeasurable amounts of respect for her because
there are TOO FEW people like that in the world.

I am sorry, I've gone on about this for quite some time, but I really did
feel for her... I know I would have felt very unappreciated, and hurt.

I hope you have a wonderful day with no spelling errors!
Deena, Snickers, Twinkie and Uh-Oh