From:
Mark Andrew Pendl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 19:37:38 -0500
>From:    Marsha Stanek <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: boycotting
>I agree with Steve McClelland regarding boycotting Michigan products - and
>more importantly letting the manufacturers know why.  I have written to the

I apologize if I am being rude but I cannot see the logic behind this
action.  I live in Wisconsin, and I don't like Guv.  Tommy too much at all.
In fact, I tried to spit on him once in a fit of anger after he followed
through with removing Fine Arts from the curriculum plans for public
schools.  Now I'm not trying to justify spitting on him, just making a point
that I hate the little weasel.  Anywho, my dislike of local political powers
does not stop me from buying Wisconsin products.  Why?  Because industry is
owned by the rich, run by the middle class.  If sales drop, who suffers?
The workers always do before the owners.  There are people in Michigan who
do not think that Kodo should have been murdered.  Don't punish them for
mistakes they did not make.  Whether ferrets should be killed or not is not
a plank on many political platforms.  No one in Michigan could have
predicted this outcome.  The best action is to befriend the voters- make the
people see that they have elected mistakes.  Then, when the polls are open
again, there won't be anyone sore about boycotts on their income from ferret
owners- which would be a deadly thing indeed.  A boycott may be the quickest
way to get these guys re-elected.

Remember, not every shark is a killer, not every afro-american is a
criminal, not every caucasian is prejudiced, not every ferret is rabid, not
every Michiganian (or as we say in WI, "Yooper" =]) wants ferrets dead.

Plus, boycotts are only effective if they actually DO something.

*** Mark A. Pendl ** ZPT- Vuode ** [log in to unmask] ***