From:
"Mary-Michael Scanlon (Digital MLS+, ZK03-2/X44)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 17:10:30 -0400
Hi,
This is my first posting to the FML, so I thought I would introduce us.  We
(Keith (my SO) and I) have 5 ferrets, 5 cats and 7 fish tanks, and most of
our sanity.  Most of our animals were adopted as adults, and many have
ongoing medical problems - my pharmacist makes it a point to ask who the
prescription is for - which usually requires a lengthy explanation,
especially when your cat is on Valium.  Or, try having a pharmacist holler
"Rommel Scanlon" in a crowded CVS and see the looks you get :-) Anyway, we
love 'em, we'd never trade 'em, and here they are:

The ferrets:

Rommel:  Sable neutered male, between 4 and 6 years of age.  Has had
         an adrenalectomy and is on Lysedren for recurrance in the right
         gland.  He has regained fur, but is still showing other symptoms of
         adrenal disease.

Cleo:    Chocolate female, 3.5 years old.  Cleo is my first ferret, bought
         at a yard sale.  She has learned to be a ferret over the last two
         years, but at 1.5 lbs is still a tiny little lady.

Jenny:   Siamese chocolate female, 4 years old.  Jenny is a bouncy, bubbly
         playful girl who likes nothing better than a magic carpet ride and
         a squirt of Ferretone.

Troubles: Albino neutered male, about 2.5 years old.  Troubles was found in
          the woods and nursed back to health by the FerretWise shelter.
          Despite having had a fractured leg, he is a dancin' man, friendly,
          loving and prone to long bouts of ferret kisses :-)

Prince:  Black sable male, 3 years.  He is recovering from an adrenalectomy
         quite nicely.  Prince is an Xtreme Ferret - he plays longer,
         harder, wilder and louder than any ferret I've every had.  He
         appears to be having a blast.

The cats:

Big Red:  We aren't kidding.  26lbs of orange tabby - will let ferrets crawl
          all over him, but draws the line at having his ears chewed.
Moki:     Seal point Birman - loves to play with ferrets
Rocky:    Blue point Birman - Moki's brother - also loves the ferrets
Belle:    Silver tabby - queen of the house - puts up with all of us with
          distain
Mips:     Silver tabby - Belle's sister

RE:
>From:    Morgan Willard <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Orange skin
Rommel has a large orange patch on his neck which coincided with his latest
adrenal flare-up.  This is skin color, not fur color.  While you really
can't say it is adrenal without additional symptons, it in combination with
more traditional symptoms of pattern hair loss, aggression and dermatitis
could warrant a trip to the vet.  My two cents :-)