From:
Mary Zahnle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 1997 17:33:57 -0400
Dear Listers.
I am sorry to post something so sad, given that past few days have had
postings that were upbeat.

My dear Rogue, my old man (approx 7) silver, is fading fast.  I know deep
down there is nothing I can do.  Test a few weeks ago were not good, and the
suggestions for care for the following week showed no improvement, rather
more decline.  Surgery in my opinion is not an option.  It's not a matter of
money, I just know he won't make it thru any surgery.

Anyway, my question is..  How do I say goodbye?  It's so hard for me to hold
him and cuddle him without crying.  I'm crying even as I type this.  I've
already talked to one of my vets about euthanasia (sp?), so I know how it's
done, and we've talked about when the best time to schedule it will be.

This is the first time I've been faced with this.  Polaris and Vixen crossed
the bridge suddenly, and that was hard enough to get thru.  I don't want
Rogue to be scared.  I want him to know mommy will always love him.

I know I'm rambling, but my Rogue is more special to me than any of my other
fuzzies.  While he wasn't the first ferret into the household, he was the
first ferret I chose.  (sneaker came first..  he was a stray brought into
work that I took home)

How do I make this as easy for Rogue as possible?  I know helping him cross
the bridge is the best thing for him.  I just want it to be as easy as
possible.

Thank you for letting me ramble.

Mary Zahnle