Date:
Sat, 13 May 1995 11:39:39 -0400
Hi all!
First, Craig Sauvign asked if ferrets will swim, and I don't know about the
chlorine part, but Weehawk did go swimming.  Last summer (Weehawk was about
12 weeks) before he learned that humans are not totally trustworthy, I
walked into Lake Champlain, leash hooked to me, and turned around and called
to him (he was on the shore).  He ran into the water to get to me, looked
completely shocked, ran up my skirt, and then hung there with his face in
the water, but body hanging from me :) Since this did not convince him to
swim, I then went into the water, and as the water got higher, so did he,
until we were both swimming around in the lake, he did decide that it wasn't
that bad, although he did like to perch on my head when he got tired.  What
he loved best was to float on an inflatable Lobster I've got while I swam
around with it hooked to me, then he could lounge on the lobster or climb
off of it onto me.  He hates baths, and will never charge into the lake on
his own, but he will swim if he has no choice (mom, your sinking!!)
 I also just wanted to thank everyone on the FML, everytime my guys do
something weird, someone writes in about the same thing!!  Weehawk may
still have a retained testicle (we are testing and learning about what to
do) I was worried that I had found a new symptom, his neck is orange, and
the very next day someone wrote into the list that they were so happy their
ferret was feeling better and his neck was back to a healthy orange!  Well
I am still not sure why his neck is orange, it was at least reasurring that
someone else out there saw the same thing!  Thanks for listening and Happy
dooking to all!  krystal, Weehawk the randy and Silk the Arboreal.