From:
Cathy Mallette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:38:22 -0800
Hi all,

I know that Christmas is a time of additional financial strain on
everyone. Yet we all find more to give when it comes to the ferrets and
the giving tree. It is sad to know that people are so cruel to pick
ferrets and then disregard them. I have a suggestion to all that give -
something I plan on doing myself. I chose 35 ferrets from the tree and
it was a little bit of a strain on me, but I don't have to do a lot of
shopping for others, so I felt the money was well spent. If I felt I
could not do it I would have restrained myself to a lower number.
Christmas is hard for me so it made me happy and I'm sure the ferrets
as well.

We all know what shelters need. Why not put a little extra in your
budget each month to buy things all year round? (ferretone, paper
towels, gift cards, etc) Make a "care" box. If ferrets own you, then
you have to shop for them anyway. So when you get a bag of food one
month, get 2. When you get some Ferretone another time, get 2. The
next month something else, etc. The bedding makers take orders all
year long also.

Then when Christmas season rolls around, you have a lot to give
already. Then it's just a matter of getting the more personal items
for particular ferrets.

Just a thought........

CathyM