From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 18:01:31 -0700
Hi all.  I started working on kind of Kodo tribute, as the posts came in, to
send to the Governor of Michigan, Karen Burns, and the people who tried to
save Kodo, and it sort of took off with a life of it's own.  I'm missing
some names, as I deleted the posts originally...and I'd like to have the
names that go with the cities and states.  Also, if you'd like to add your
name and a line about Kodo, with your town of residence...I just want them
to know how many people all over the world cared about this ferret.  If you
don't want your name included, I need to know that too, and I'll remove it...

I'M SORRY BILL, to ask this of you, I know how tight your time is now days...
but I don't feel ready to come completely out of the closet yet (although in
some places, the damage has been done!)...Could all of you send your tribute
and town to the FML, and BIG can forward them to me?

[Moderator's note: To reach the CA DJ directly, please send your email to
[log in to unmask]   BIG]

I'll post the final draft when it's done.

Thanks everyone...gotta tell you, when I read this, it STILL makes me cry...

For all the innocents who were taken before their time due to disease,
accidents, neglect, cruelty, ignorance, fear, and stupidity...

To the people who gave unselfishly of their time and money to fight this
travesty...

To the people who perpetuated it...or did nothing to stop it...we will never
let you forget.

But mostly, for Kodo -

"There's a candle burning in Jerusalem".....Love, Bev, EB and Freddie the
new kid...at theJerusalem Biblical Zoo

"There's a candle lit in Germany too!"

"I would like to send you my condolences, I followed your fight from the
Netherlands." Evelien Gilbert-de Laaf

"There's a candle burning in South Australia too"....John and Sandy

"Here in Sydney Australia we have had a candle burning for Kodo since we
heard the terrible news"....Vic

"There's a candle (probably more than one) burning for Kodo in Canada as
well".....Amy - International Ferret Association

"A candle's burning in Massachusetts"...Ronnie D, Ralphie, Harry, Pr
Charming, Merlin

"I couldn't be in Michigan for the candlelight tribute, so I lit one here at
home (Mass)  and took all of my fuzzies up to it and told them all the story
of Kodo".....Sharon & her Kodo's, Chi Chi, Lebby, Amber Rose, Sheba, Wolfie
and the baby

"There's a candle burning in Athens, Ohio tonight.  We miss you,
Kodo!"...Shannon

"We'll keep a candle lit here in Montana for you all and Kodo"....Brett and
Missy

"And Kodo, our candles in South Carolina are still and will continue to
burn"....The Herricks, Laura and Shon, Abbey and Priscilla

"Bob, I'm truly sorry for your loss.  A candle burns in Raleigh, NC for
Kodo.  He is gone but will not be forgotten." J Dunn

"We'll keep a candle lit here in Colorado, too!"

"I have lit a candle in Oklahoma City for Kodo"...Mary, Spike, Hawkeye,
Bilbo, and Bandit

"A candle's burning in Seattle.  Kodo's wardancing with the gods now."

"A candle burns in my window tonite for a gentle soul lost because a human
could not say "I was mistaken." I'm sorry.  Sorry you died in a world where
ignorance is the standard and ignorance kills.  Sorry you died for a humans
pride." Ed

"A candle is burning in southern CA also for Kodo."

"And lots of them in Northern California as well"....Love Phyllis

"There's a candle burning in Georgia and in my heart for you Kodo"...Jackie

"We will light a candle tonight from Fort Wayne, Indiana in memory of
everyone's beloved Kodo"....Pat & the Crazy 10!

"A candle is burning in New Hampshire for Kodo and all others taken before
their time"....Dick and Joan B.

"I will light a candle in Springfield, Virginia for Kodo" ...

"And one continues to burn in Caroline Co., Virginia, My candle is burning
on the windowsill for you...candles are burning all over the world for you,
Kodo....WE LOVE YOU"!....Karen Daigneault

"A candle is lit in Morgantown, WV for little Kodo".....Chris and Fidget

"Kodo Kandlemania has hit every window of our house in Randallstown, MD!
June 12 will forever be Kodo Appreciation Day!"
Bonnie & Jim (& Stinky, Squeaker, and Beano, the Baltimore fuzzbusters)

"Maryland's "candle" is lit, and it will burn until all ferrets have the
equal rights that they so justly deserve in *every* state."
In Ferret Love & Brotherhood.... Mary, Farrah, & Rocky

"And we lit another in Maryland - a small flame for a small ferret who
lights up the sky...."

"A candle was lit in Bethesda"...Beth

"There's a candle lit in Deale, Maryland, too.  God Bless"....Suzie

"And one lit in Wash, DC"...Daphne

"As Kodo lights the heavens with his light of love, we've added another bit
of candlelight for him here in Maine"......

"There is a candle lit in Pompano Beach Florida for our little Kodo"...

"Kodo's candle glows in Florida,  a 7 day candle, there are several more
waiting on the shelf we will not let this light go out , the memorial will
last 30 days. Peace and blessings to Kudo's human family".....Barb G.

"Florida will never let them forget Kodo nor the countless other Kodos that
have gone before and after him.  "In life Kodo would unite us in Spirit but,
in his Death Kodo has Bound Us Eternal".  The Brevard Rescue and Shelter -
Marie Wallace

"Our candle in Kansas is burning brightly to light your way to the
Bridge, Kodo.  Dance merrily, little love".....

"A candle is burning here too in Minnesota for you, Kodo"...

"Our candle in Minneapolis burns every night for Kodo"....Alison, Jason, and
our 3 fuzzies.

"Three candles burning in Arkansas".....Love Loni

"There's a flame burning here in Virginia Beach tonight for our dear sweet
Kodo the Kute".....Kymberlie Becker/Director, Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue
Association

"A candle flames brightly for you Kodo, never to be forgotten, forever to be
loved in Texas.  Bless you Kodo, may your passing not be in vain"...Sandi

"I just lit my candle for Kodo, here in New Jersey"....Ela

"A candle burns for Kodo in Piscataway, New Jersey.  Kodo, you have not died
in vain, we kommandos will make sure of that." Melody Tomaszewicz

"There's a candle burning in Islandia, New York for you tonight Kodo!"

"NYC has lit a candle for Kodo"....Bernard Beaupin

"Candles are burning here in New York State also!  Kodo will NOT be
forgotton!" Barb Griswold, Gus and Zak

"There's a candle burning in Syracuse for KODO, too"...Melissa

"There is a candle burning here in Chicago Il".....Patty Petrillo

"For Kodo's family: My thoughts, prayers, are on their way to you.  Even
though Kodo could not be spared you have sparked a flame in our ferret
community that has the chance to make some remarkable changes take place.
Keep the Faith..." In Illinois - Serra (and Ringo, Niki, Chili, Dexter, and
Whitie)

"A candle burns for Kodo in Washington, Pennsylvania"....Becky Herron

"A candle is lit in Independence, KY in memory of Kodo".....Anita, Doug,
Buddy and Binky

"A candle burns for Kodo from Ferret Rescue of Spokane" love, Tracey Kilmer

"A candle burns in memory of beloved Kodo In Spokane, forever in our
hearts".... Heather and her carpet babies.

"And a permanent light, in the sky, overlooking the Earth - Please let
everyone know a star has been named for Kodo."