From:
Jason Poole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 17:22:59 -0600
(Continued from Buddy's Story: part 9 . . .)

As Jeffery stood there showing Cleo his prize, he could hear the human in
the kitchen yelling at one of the cats.  They could also hear the lady
cleaning up the mess that Jeffery had made.
"Wow, I am surely glad that I got back into the cage without the human
seeing me," said Jeffery.
"She is really mad.  I didn't mean to cause trouble.  I just wanted some
raisins."
"Don't worry about it," replied Cleo.  "She will be mad for a little while,
and then everything will be just fine again."
At this Jeffery turned back to his treasure.

He took one of the raisins and gave it to Cleo.  He then got one for
himself.  As soon as Jeffery bit into that celestial fruit, he knew that he
had never tasted anything so delicious.  In fact, it was so good that it
made him want to roll up into a ball and giggle.  Cleo took the raisin that
Jeffery had given to her and started chewing it.  It wasn't bad but she just
couldn't see what was so great about it either.  She decided that you must
have to be a ferret to really enjoy raisins.  After Jeffery ate his raisin,
he offered Cleo another one.  She politely declined and excused herself to
glad that Cleo didn't want another one.  He took another raisin from his
bowl and enjoyed it immensely.  He had planned on saving one or two raisins
for later, but before he realized what he had done, he had eaten all of
them.  O well, he thought, I will just have to get some more later.  He then
"floated" over to his blanket and fell asleep with the biggest grin on his
face since first meeting his little white angel "Sprite".

A few days went by before Jeffery just couldn't stand it anymore.  He had
to get some more raisins.  He set about deciding just how he was going to
do it.  He really appreciated Cleo's help in his last plan but he didn't
want to take the chance of her getting caught helping him.  He finally
decided that he would stage another attack on the bag of raisins in the
middle of the night.  He would wait until everyone was asleep and then he
would sneak over to the closet and get some raisins.  The more he thought
about this idea, the more he liked it.  He decided that he would stage his
attack on the raisins that very night.

He normally took an afternoon nap but he was so excited that he just
couldn't sleep.  He paced the cage for hours.  Finally it got dark and the
human went to her room and shut off the lights.  Jeffery waited a couple
more hours, just to make sure that everyone was asleep.  "It is time,"
Jeffery said to himself.  With that, he carefully opened his cage door and
stepped out.

(To be continued . . . )

Jason, Sammy, Doris, and Buddy
ICQ # 7528859 (Sammy's Dad)