From:
citygirl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 18:33:03 -0600
The other day my husband called his brother in TX and during the
conversation I asked how his little girl ferret was doing as he had not
mentioned her for a long time.  My husband said he would tell me the
story when he got off the phone.

Apparently the little girl passed away two summers ago and he did not
want to tell me knowing how I love ferrets.  He and his wife had to go
out of town for a few days and asked a neighbor that they thought was
trustworthy to look after the little girl while they were gone--they took
the little girl over to their house.  He asked them about airconditioning
as they didnt have any at that house.  They assured him they would have a
fan going all the time.

When he returned he went to their house to get the ferret and they didnt
want him to go into the room, but he insisted--the room was extremely hot
and as anyone in TX knows--in an unairconditioned house with no fans the
temp may go to 140 degrees.  He went in there and there was no fan
running--he asked them why and they said well they didnt want to run the
electric bill up.  And there on the floor was his precious little girl
ferret lying stone dead from the heat.  This was the ferret he raised and
let have the run of the house-and was the joy of his life.

To be quite honest he wanted to beat the living daylights out of them.
But instead, crying, he buried the little girl on his farm with a little
stone.

Some people should have been strung up and left out in the burning heat
for days.  It was so sad and such a waste of precious furrie life.  And
here most of us take in homeless ferrets and take them to vets running up
big billls to do it.  And even at the close of their lives we hold them
as they pass.  This furrie didnt even have a chance.

God must have a special place for idiots like that.  So Sandee, if you
can remember that far back, a little dried up furry came across the
bridge about two summers again.  Please let her know that her daddy
misses her so much and has learned never to trust others again.