From:
Murray Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 22:00:51 +1200
Hi everyone.
I would like to pick the brains of all the ferret loved out there.  I know
of a young 10 month old female ferret who is not eating as usual, has lost
some weight in general but seems to have wasted somewhat in the back end
and is staggery on her back legs though her front end seems to work very
well.Especially when she was trying to steal a harness out of my bag.Am
glad she didn't find the $20 note while she was in there.  Has anyone had
these symptoms and can they tell me what the trouble is at all.  I have
seen something like this before and the ferret involved had stomach ulcers
and a huge hair ball.  Can anyone tell me if this is likely with this
little girl or is it more likely to be something else.  On advice my young
friend has been told to admister paraffin oil for a few days in case of
a small hair ball or partial obstruction that may move with this light
treatment.  If no better in a few days to be taken to the vet for a good
looking into.  Any positive or helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.
Please send any replies to the FML as well so others can have the benefit
of your welcome advice.

Thanking you kindly,

Colleen with Masika, Baby girl, Dukediarfa, Ekatsim, Roscoe, Zelotis,
Zakiya, Fleur, Baldadear and adoptables(from Ferret PAWS NZ inc.
Wellington area New Zealand) Kit, a young female sable who gets on with
most.  She is small, fast and playful.  Taz, a large female white (albino)
aprox 4 yrs old.  Adorable with humans but wants to kill other ferrets,
although she will let mice crawl all over her.  Rangi, a mild mannered
sweety who while he likes the humans is not at all keen on having a ferret
friend.  Mia & Milo, two little female sweethearts.  one darke cinnamon and
one sable.  Cage mates that can't be separated.  Our sable doesn't mind
other ferrets so much but our cinnamon is like a little tornado throwing
herself at any poor fuzzy in her way and hunting them down if they are not
in her way.And this is not for kissy kissy lets be friends.  She has my
poor gang terrified of her so they have to have separate play times.  Apart
from that small inconvenience they are an adorable playful happy pair with
humans.  I swear that these little bundles of bristling fur have as complex
a nature as we humans do.  Still, don't suppose we can all like everyone
eh.  Thanks so much to all the ferret loved and to those that love ferrets.

Kindest Regards,
colleen and gang.