From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:07:14 -0400
WOLFY!!! Say it's not true! Renee Downs came to visit you and all you
got was a lousy FISH from the deal?

Lordy, I got all sorts of good loot from her. Bottled spring water.
Hand cream. Three kinds of commercial ferret treats in little packages.
Some kind of chicken gravy that came in Tupperware, and I got to *keep*
the Tupperware. Biscotti recipies (that she downloaded to my computer
and iconified so I could find them again. What a deal!) There were
other things. Hmmm. Microwavable popcorn.....I can't even remember the
whole list. (And yes, she really did say "That's OK" when Puma bit her
nose! Priceless!)

And all you got was a FISH, Wolfy?

(Sigh) Girl, girl. Let me tell you the trick. When Renee comes
over...(looking right, looking left)....(whispering)...don't let her
cook. That is the secret. Just don't let her cook *anything*. She
doesn't know what to do with herself, so she gets nervous, and emptying
her car and letting you keep what she finds. I don't understand it,
but you can get some really cool stuff if you just hold the line and
do *not*, do NOT, let her cook. If you find her gravitating to your
silverware drawer, HEAD HER OFF AT THE PASS! Order out. If you discover
that she has somehow come into the custody of your spatula, be strong!
Then, proceed to *cook for her.* It's true, what she would make would
be infinitely better, she would work her Cajun Mojo on it, but take
that spatula away, hand her a ferret, and *cook*. She'll be fine with
whatever you make as long as you have a fresh bottle of Tobasco for her
to pour on the mess.

Shhhh! Pass it on. I want her Visa card next time. I'm going to make
Baked Alaska.

Alexandra in MA