From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 10:00:31 -0500
I got the major cast off my leg today and am now only wearing a metal brace
for walking around.  Still not driving yet, but hopefully soon.  At this
rate, my leg might be back to normal by the series.  My season is ended,
but at least I can enjoy the real thang.

Regarding the Modern Ferret/Playmate issue in recent FMLs.  Don't some of
you have ANY lives?  Gawd, what a bunch of pooey!  The idea that Modern
Ferret supports pornography because they did an article on a playmate is
sort of like blaming me for global warming because I eat beans and fart.
Yes, Mary and Eric had fun with the issue.  So what?  They didn't do what
*I* suggested, which was to promote a "Mary without her clothes" issue with
a picture inside, and when you see the picture, Mary's head is pasted on a
nekid ferret's body.  In a suggestive pose, of course.  What they printed
in MF was in no way pornographic.  Now, if you want to read something that
can get you really hot and bothered, pick up a copy of the Song of Solomon.
OOooOOooowwwweee!  Solomon does in prose what the Kama Sutra did in stone.
I guess pornography is in the eye of the beholder, eh?  Maybe that is why
the Christian Messiah admonished his followers to "Judge others as you wish
to be judged yourself," and to "Remove the log from your own eye before
pointing out the speck in someone else's."

I might point out to those who are offended by nekid women and their photos
that while fighting the threat of porn might be considered a valuable and
noble effort, it should be saved specifically for situations in which real
pornography is encountered.  Making a fuss about "non-porn" damages the
argument as well as makes the arguer look silly.  The end result is the
"cause" is harmed.  This simple common sense idea has been common knowledge
for thousands of years.  So, to bring this point into a true
mustelid-related thread, I offer an Aesop's fable...

The House-Ferret and the File.

A house ferret was prowling for mice in it's owner's coppershop and wasn't
having much luck.  Hungry, it came across a metal file and licked, then bit
it.  The sharp rasps cut the tongue and caused it to bleed.  The house
ferret, thinking the pain was the file biting it, started to bite it harder
and harder.  With each bite, the tongue was lacerated and the teeth filed
down.  Soon, the house ferret had ground her teeth down and had filed off
her tongue.  She could no longer kill mice to eat, so she starved to death.
Moral: Pick your fights wisely, because there is no sense in beating your
sword against a rock while the enemy approaches.

Bob C and 19 MO' Aesopian Snots