From:
Ulrike Hassold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 19:38:12 +0000
Hello everybody

I just thought I'd share this little "story" with you.  I had my 2 females
spayed today and had my male castrated.  I was a total mess because I was so
scared that something would happen.  My ferret Angel had become so attached
to me in the last few weeks that I started thinking that she knew something
I didn't, like that she knew she wouldn't be with me for much longer.  I do
get crazy ideas like that sometimes... So while the ferrets were at the
vets, I was cleaning their cage and toilets, putting clean blankets in the
cage etc.  and crying my eyes out.  Then I went to the vets to wait for my
babies and the ladies said they'd be ready in about half an hour so I was so
happy that they were obviously all right.  And I had a huge smile on my face
when I finally got my kids back, all alive and awake.

Jack was fine straight away and behaved like nothing had been done to him.
I had to let him out of the cage at home because he was far too hyper to be
left with the girls.  So he ran around, pushed the toilets around and
climbed on the other animal's cages... The girls are in a somewhat different
state, very sleepy and they look like they're feeling a bit sore down
below... And they want to cuddle, I opened the cage and Jilly climbed out
onto my lap with all the strength she had and then curled up on my lap.
Angel wanted to be close but I think she's feeling even weaker.  Poor little
things.  But at leat they're still with me.  :)

And about starting a ferret club.  I read Pam Grant's "How to start a ferret
club" but things are a bit different over here in Britain.  I thought of
putting notices up in pet shops and asking interested people to phone me and
tell me their name and phone no (and address?) so I can start with a
database.  Then do newsletters and arrange a meeting.  But has anybody got
any ideas what to put into the first notice that I want to put up?  Any tips
are greatly appreciated.

I first got the idea of starting a club about a year ago when a friend
mentioned it.  And now I really want to get a club going after going to the
NFWS Christmas Show.  I met many nice people there and about 300-400 ferrets
and all the ferrets were so beautiful, I saw colours that I didn't know
existed... And it's so nice to be surrounded by fellow ferret lovers that I
want to have that opportunity more often, so if I start a club, I'll be able
to meet loads of ferret lovers.

Anyway, I suppose that's all for now.

Love and dooks
Ulrike