From:
"Samson, Alpha Ferret" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 May 1998 15:22:32 -0500
This morning, there was an incident of one of our kind attacked and tried
to pull another into her cage, brutally.  I will not mention names.  Well,
the injured one was taken to the doc and prognosis is good.  Badly bruised
but nothing major.  he was given a shot by the doc, wounds shaved and
cleaned and returned with mom.

Now, where do I come in.  Well, Mom after consultation with the Ferret
Godfather and others came to the conclusion, I would be the one to see what
her problem is.  Why?  Cause I am the alpha.

Okay, picture this.  The floor of the playroom is empty.  Mom is holding me
and this female is trying to jump to meet me.  hmmm.  So Mom cautiously puts
me down then picks her up.  hmmm Oh, trimmed her defenses to size.  okay.
Then puts her down in full visual range of me.  I decide to let her make
the first move.  SHE DID.  A FULL BLOWN ATTACK.

Out came the water pistol, to cool her down and back her off.  Boy can that
girl scream.  Since she kept screaming.  Geez, I backed off my ears could
only take so much.  Well so did she.  But didn't stop screaming or relax
her tail fur to show she accepted me.  So, I walked up to her, again.  And
just another repeat.

Well, she wasn't attacking anymore.  So I decided to see if I could get out
of the playroom.  Or at least let Mom know I had enough screaming females
for one day.  Mom picked me up and cuddled me.  When she put me down, I
walked under the computer table and curled up to sleep.  NOW Mom got the
idea.  So she let me back in my cage.

But the screaming female was there again.  Am I having a bad dream?  Well,
Mom put her back in her living quarters and I curled up and went to sleep.